This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) JRS Precision will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Set up and operate CNC equipment
- Assist programmer in planning sequence of work operations and may assist in modification of programs.
- Ensure speeds, feeds, and tooling is correct for material being processed in order to maximize machine efficiency.
- Set up and operate at least 2 types of CNC equipment (i.e. – lathe & mill).
Determines and may edit programs to ensure proper radius, contour, and angle measurements.
- Use all tools, fixtures, and gauges necessary to perform operations
- May set up and operate lathes, drill presses, milling machines, grinders, and hand tools to machine parts and tools
- Check for proper tooling, sharpness, & alignment;
- Perform tool offset and load parts; Operate multiple machines simultaneously
- Work with close tolerances, inspect work
- Utilize safety equipment and follow safety procedures
- High School Education or GED.
- 3 years machine shop experience
- Understanding of blueprints and drawings
- Ability and willingness to use basic hand tools and measuring devices (i.e. – dial calipers, rulers, tape measures, protractors, micrometers, gauges, etc.)
- Follow set up sheets
- Understanding of CNC and manual machine operations
- Competitive medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
About the Company:
- Located in Ronkonkoma, New York
- We serve the aerospace, medical, and microwave industries among others
- We have been in business for over 40 years.
Job Type: Full-time
- JRS Precision will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.